BCSEMI NL (the organization of Dutch companies in the semiconductor domain), TNO and TU Delft have joined forces to create a centre of excellence in the field of advanced chip packaging and chip integration: CITC (Chip Integration Technology Centre). This new initiative aims to enable and accelerate innovation in the chip packaging and integration sector of the semiconductor industry, involving the full value chain including materials suppliers and OEM, IDM and packaging services companies. It aims to be internationally outstanding and to work with industry globally, with special attention to the ecosystem in the region Nijmegen and in the Netherlands. The centre aims to attract talented people and to set up cooperation between companies and educational and research institutes resulting in valuable world class economic activities in the region. The centre will work with established parties and it also is expected to create new start-up businesses complementary to the existing ones. The centre aims to bring talents together in day-to-day interaction and it will therefore not have a virtual character: it will be located at the Novio Tech Campus in Nijmegen. The research and innovation activities of will start in the middle of 2019.
A foundation has been created (Stichting CITC) that will act as the central hub of the initiative. Stichting CITC has acquired public funding from local and regional governments. The initiative will be managed by a management team of three: the General Manager (employed by Stichting CITC), the Scientific Manager (employed by TU Delft) and the business manager (employed by TNO). The three members of the management team will together form the board of Stichting CITC, being responsible for all its activities. The management team reports to a supervisory board.
Profile General Manager (Fulltime)
The key responsibilities are:
- Building the centre and make it a well-recognized centre of chip integration technology.
- Leading the overall realization of the CITC project plan.
- Managing the program execution, overseeing the projects and operations.
- Maintaining the relationship with partners, with special focus on local, regional national and international governments.
- Financial management.
- Heading the management team.
For the fulfillment of the function, to be the recognized figurehead of the CITC management team and chairman of the board of the foundation, the following experience and personal profile is required:
- Experience to build an organization from scratch
- Experience (5yr+) in leading an organization as figurehead to a multitude of stakeholders:
- Businesses, knowledge institutes, educational institutions and government on all levels
- Act as business partner for the companies
- Experience with Public Private Partnerships and its specific financial settings
- Experienced in operational management & stakeholder management
- Proven experience to lead and motivate a team and a multistakeholder organization
- Background/experience in the Semicon and/or Photonics industry. Therefore the candidate should have the following personal characteristics:
- Excellent communicator
- Internal drive to achieve world class performance;
- Able to link future business opportunities with curiosity driven research: a mix of drive and patience
The center will start mid-2019. Therefore the candidate should be available on short notice. It concerns a full-time job per September 2019.
Additional information can be obtained from mr. Jaap Lombaers, tel nr +31 6 5326 4269
Applications with motivation and CV can be sent till August 1st, 2019to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Novio Tech Campus BV
6534 AT NIJMEGEN